Learning and Communication Copy Editor
Learning and Communication Copy Editor
Do you want to use your passion for the English language to impact missions and work for a social BAM enterprise? Does the idea of connecting and equipping Christians globally to live out God’s heart for mission excite you?
Khalibre is looking for a copy editor who wants to help publish learning and communication content that empowers and inspires the global Church toward missions on Crosswired. This person ensures consistency and authenticity of the original author with every copy, but their greatest passion is for quality. The content editor role requires excellent communication skills, writing ability, principled content strategy, well honed judgment, and a bias toward standards.
As a Learning and Communication Content Editor for Khalibre, you will be responsible for the quality and be the editorial voice for all learning and communication on Crosswired. Together with a talented team with common goals, you will work on copies from subject matter experts and thought leaders to help communicate their content with concise clarity, but in a voice that is authentically theirs. You will also oversee guidelines for content across Crosswired, making sure it aligns to core communications and narratives. Overall quality and user focused communication is at the core of everything you’ll do in this role, spearheading QA and content adherence across all of Crosswired.
Are you just as crazy we are? We want to change the world through fun, engaging, addictive social learning content and experience. Join us!
compelling!”? Then what are you waiting for? Apply already!
- A degree in journalism, publishing, English, or related fields
- Minimum 3-5 years professional writing and/or editing experience
- A knack of refining and simplifying content for consumers, making complex topics more succinct and easy to understand
- Excellent written English with an eagle eye for grammar and spelling errors
- Familiarity with creative process and an understanding of branding and user-centered product design
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks, while always remaining focused on content quality
- Ability to think strategically and synthesize input from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to retain the author’s ‘voice’ after editing
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and a growing team
- Additional qualifications desired:
- 3 credit hours from a Bible College, Seminary or equivalent
- Experience in a consumer-facing software and social media communication
- Experience with education technology
- Experience with instructional design
Note: Did you read the above job op
- Make sure all copy is readable, concise and ready for publication
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- Employ the right style based on the intended audience (structure, voice, and tone)
- Fix any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors
- Conduct basic fact checks and raise queries with the original author as needed
- Check illustrations and captions
- Manage rounds of edits and revisions throughout the content development process, and be accountable for content quality
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, leadership and judgment
- Leverage copyediting copyright insights to integrate standards, style guides and guidelines for learning and communication content (e.g. tense, voice or the spelling of certain words)
- Ensure defined standards and guidelines are met with every copy and influence key stakeholders on copywriting best practices
- When needed, write content from the ground up, working closely with writers, product managers, internal stakeholders, and external subject matter experts in the process;
- Be innovative and creative writer and editor, unafraid to take risks;
Note: Did you read the above job opportunity and think to yourself, “Come on! This is amazing stuff! And it could be made so much more compelling!”? Then what are you waiting for? Apply already!